10 Sep DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DIGITAL MARKETING AND DIGITAL ADVERTISING
Invitation and Invasion are two unlike and contrasting terms. Invitation encourages, invasion interrupts. Invitation is admired while invasion disrupts or sometimes horrifies. Digital Marketing and Digital Advertising may be taken in the relatively identical context. Digital marketing adopts a more sophisticated, sober and personal stratagem to its potential clients. In contrast, Digital Advertising opt beeline or shortcut track and own widely targeted way of communication to deliver the brand’s product message. Although both the tactics are practiced to draw the eyeballs of the online visitors towards the brand products they digitize. A digital marketing agency makes a gradual incline access to the potential customers.
Digital Advertising is an interruptive mean of communication marketing. It’s a subsidiary of digital marketing. It appears in the form of pre role ads. It’s primary function is to convey a brand’s product message to the undefined audience. It’s irritating due to its direct access as like an intruder. It’s not formed to address any specific person, region or searcher.
It disturbs watching time and interferes people interest in the movie’s content. People do not afford disturbance, merely, for an invaded advertisement. It’s not an effective mode to convey a brand’s message. People wait for “skip” time, as it completes, press the “skip” option and resume the movie content.
Unlike digital agency solutions for probable problems, digital advertising create nuisance. It’s mind boggling due to its irrelevant entry in the watching content. It’s careless about your message. The prime aim of digital advertising is to reach out the huge number of viewers. It senses that, in digital advertising, numbers bear significance.
Digital Advertising is similar to spreading a cast net with huge holes which allow fishes to swim across the net. Here the disruptive nature of such advertisements act as holes. In a plain lingo, it seems like a gigantic billboard on an extremely busy highway, where wayfarers and travelers focus more on the road to avoid any accident and emergency instead glancing the publicity messages. In such circumstances, a billboard does not mount any worth, irrespective how precious the message is engraved on it.
Digital advertising desires a huge amount of money to reach the masses with disruptive communicating features, but still can not be ignored and overlooked. It’s considered an essential marketing tool, although sometimes expenses justification is difficult to level up. However, marketers are hopeful for it’s bright and crucial marketing choice.
Digital marketing is another term for online marketing. Digital marketing is a systematic and a highly targeted mode of marketing. It’s attractive and mind accepting with it’s numerous charming tools. Digital marketing is the leading and most admiring track of marketing your business. It’s fundamental aim is to reach out the specific person with his/her typical interests, demographics, searching and web history. In alternate diction, it chooses customers centered approach to get closer to the potential users. Personalization is the example of such relationship, where a customer is dealt in a more personal manner.
Digital marketing is a vast field of marketing online. A digital agency in Toronto aligns it goals with the online marketing trends in a more convenient manner. It provides a multimedia based platform for marketing reasons. Digital marketing is not merely restricted to the email or web pages. It also encircles the social media accounts; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and WhatsApp etc. These social media apps are, now, tending more as business accounts. Facebook and Instagram are effectively used to invite the potential consumers. These social media apps have been equipped with robotic business features; catalogue management, instant reply, automation when offline, fascinating & glowing galleries and much more. These apps can be interconnected with the link sharing features. People on websites may find your content while searching any typical keyword. Artificial intelligence (AI) have been smartly used in designing these apps.
The content of a digital marketing agency compels a visitor to watch it. The digital marketing content bear various shapes; native video form, audio-visual or audio-graphic form, content writing or the collage of all or some of these. A visitor may pick up his/her own choice to make awareness about his favorite brand product. Practicing this way, a connection is established with potential clients and a brand product.
A digital agency in Toronto is hired to attain competency in relationship to it’s brand product consumers. It bounds a person to the product in a connection of heart core satisfaction.
Digital Advertising vs Digital Marketing
Digital advertising, in a broad aspect, is a term from the jargon of Digital Marketing. However, digital advertising is different than digital marketing in it’s goals vision. Here are some of those:
- Beeline vs Deep Thinking Approach Digital advertising is a beeline or shortcut approach to it’s viewers, whereas the digital marketing makes a long term and deep thinking approach to its potential customer. The earlier focuses number of viewers on the other hand later revolves around the customers satisfaction. In other words, digital marketing struggles to reach its potential customers rather than to increase the number of content viewers.
- Trading vs Psychology Digital advertising mainly focus on sales rate while the digital marketing make efforts to satisfy the potential consumers psychologically. Digital advertising is a trading tool with no fix goal but to enlarge viewers circle. Digital marketing spread arms for long terms.
- Quantitative vs Qualitative Gains Digital advertising concentrates on quantitative gains i.e, increasing number of viewers. In contrast, digital marketing centers on qualitative gains i.e, to satisfy the customers with brand product and find out his loyalty with the product.
- Attracting vs Repelling Content Digital marketing content is designed in such a manner that it compels and attracts the visitor to watch it. Opposing it, digital advertising has no such attraction sources. The viewers prefer to skip it on completion of “skip” seconds. The reason is interruption in desired content of the viewers.
- Awareness vs Development Digital marketing is not a term. It’s so vast in it’s domain. It’s a complete process of developing loyalty with the brand product. It encompasses a whole process of brand product marketing from digital guidelines to customer’s emotional attachment. It also aligns it’s parameters with creative agencies, as like creative agencies in Toronto, to represent the brand product in the best and unique possible tactic. But the digital advertising, merely, focuses on publicity and awareness. It’s not concerned with emotional or formal attachment to the brand product.
- Selection vs Enforcement Digital advertising follows the basic role of enforcement. As it interrupts and disrupts the viewer’s attention. Skip option can be clicked but not prior to the “skip in seconds”. So, it is a sort of enforcement, where a viewer’s intentions are neglected. However, digital marketing present a massive and huge variety of contents for it’s potential users.
- Highly Risky vs More Profitable Digital advertising bears monetarily high risk. As it interrupts viewers and no one likes interruption during content watching time. So, most of the viewers escape such ads and there is no profit to the marketers. While, digital marketing offers a multiple multimedia platforms where there are no such disruptions. A viewer watches on “what and when” basis. Here the choosing choice generates a large revenue to the marketers.
Digital marketing is the best platform for today’s business, with varieties of marketing choices. Instead of high risk and abundant loss factors, the significance of digital advertising may be felt in future. If the digital advertising gets updated and with the removal of it’s disruptive feature, it may become a leading head tool in the world of marketing.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Mudassir Malik is an entrepreneur, tech expert, BPO and operational excellence coach currently working as the Co-founder and COO at PNM Group. Mudassir has been in this industry for over a decade now. He has helped several North America based companies with different mega projects including a state-of-the-art job board, national portal for customers facilitation for a Canadian State company, etc. Currently, he is overseeing the strategy and vision, major client relationships, and leading key engagements at PNM Group which is a leading branding agency based in Toronto offering full scale design, development, branding, and digital marketing related services.